[Observium] Editing user passwords
Chris Stone
2012-05-22 22:19:59 UTC
Just had a user that could not, for whatever reason, log into our
Observium installation. So, I was going to reset the password, but
editing the user, found nothing there to do that. Seems that there is
no way for anyone other than each user to edit passwords after the
account is initially created? And if that user cannot log in, they
cannot do it. I ended up deleting the login, recreating it, and then
re-linking the devices, ports and bills the user has access to.

Did I miss something?

Chris
--
Chris Stone
AxisInternet, Inc.
www.axint.net
Adam Armstrong

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Hi Adam,

It is not as infrequent as you might think and it would be a nice feature to have the users being able to recover (reset via email or alike) themselves.

Erik

Chris Stone <axisml at gmail.com<mailto:axisml at gmail.com>> wrote:

Just had a user that could not, for whatever reason, log into our
Observium installation. So, I was going to reset the password, but
editing the user, found nothing there to do that. Seems that there is
no way for anyone other than each user to edit passwords after the
account is initially created? And if that user cannot log in, they
cannot do it. I ended up deleting the login, recreating it, and then
re-linking the devices, ports and bills the user has access to.

Did I miss something?

Chris

--
Chris Stone
AxisInternet, Inc.
www.axint.net<http://www.axint.net>

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Adam,
Post by Adam Armstrong
Nope, you ran into one of those things that is done so infrequently that no
one has bothered implementing it in 6 years. We normally just set the
password in MySQL!
I can do it via sql, but some of our employees cannot. Will whip up a
little php or shell script to do it.

Thanks - don't spend time on this right now - would rather ya got the
billing working again! ;-)

Chris
--
Chris Stone
AxisInternet, Inc.
www.axint.net
Chris Stone
2012-06-05 17:47:48 UTC
Build 3272 - thanks for adding the password updating to the edit user
page....

Chris
--
Chris Stone
AxisInternet, Inc.
www.axint.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
This looks good indeed..

Is the next step the recording of the user their email address and allow for password resets per email ?

Erik

Post by Erik Bais
This looks good indeed..
Is the next step the recording of the user their email address and allow for
password resets per email ?
Erik
Help Adam, write your own code, submit patches! :)